Regulatory Policy & Conduct Data Protection Manager- Glasgow
Leading financial services institution is looking to hire a Regulatory Policy & Conduct Manager to join their highly successful Risk team based in Glasgow. Please note this is an initial 12 month fixed term contract.
You will be reporting into the Senior Manager and be responsible for giving effective regulatory advice, oversight and challenge on key mandatory and business change. You will be required to have expertise in rules and regulations relating to data protection/privacy. You will also be required to have expertise in rules and regulations relating to Mortgages.
This will include:
- Attending and contributing to project and business committees and forums as required;
- Identifying, building and maintaining relationships between Regulatory & Compliance Risk and business stakeholders to assist in the development of Regulatory & Compliance Risk's profile and to effectively carry out 2nd line challenge.
- Role holder will role model Enterprise Behaviours ensuring all tasks are completed to recognised and expected standards;
- Keeping abreast of industry best practice developments and have working knowledge of the Data Protection Act 1998, related published guidance and regulations published both in the UK and EU, the FCA Handbook (in particular MCOBs) and other relevant regulation and regulatory developments;
- Conducting regular analysis of the agreed KPIs; reviewing the outcomes, identifying and overseeing appropriate remedial actions.
- Assessing whether key conduct risks and obligations are understood and acted on by first line management including those specifically covered in the FCA's Conduct Risk Outlook or equivalent publications.
- Assisting the Senior Manager in determining whether senior management has instilled a culture whereby colleagues understand what the 'fair treatment of customers' means in practice, that promptly identifies errors, puts things right and learns from errors;
- Providing expertise and input to the team and wider Regulatory & Compliance Risk function.
- Experience in a Risk environment;
- A working knowledge of data privacy rules, regulations and guidance, FCA Handbook and other relevant regulation and regulatory developments.
- Experience in providing challenge and guidance to stakeholders with a view to ensuring compliant and fair outcomes for customers are achieved.
- Experience in building strong relationships.
- Experience in an environment that drives strong levels of commercial understanding that encourages interpretation of data in addition to collation and analysis, and requires the capacity to add value to the business through provoking insights and by identifying process improvement opportunities.
- Experience in representing to, interacting with (including conflict management and commercial negotiations) and building trusting relationships with key internal stakeholders and business partners.
- Experience in working collaboratively with respective business areas to develop, agree, review and challenge conduct risk mitigation and management strategies;
- Knowledge of the Regulatory environment to facilitate identification, interpretation, direction setting and oversight of compliance with related policies and standards;
- Knowledge of Risk Management Framework and regulatory requirements as they relate to the line of business, risk processes, methodology, standards, protocols.
On offer is a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
To discuss this role in confidence or to apply, please contact David Thomson, Director at Thomson Legal by completing the Apply Now details in the box below. Alternatively, please click on the Thomson Legal logo to access our recruiter profile where you can contact us directly via telephone, email or social media.