In-House Lawyer- Edinburgh
- Full Time
Excellent new role with a leading UK retail bank based in their offices in Edinburgh. You will join an established and highly-successful team and enjoy working in a rewarding and fast-paced environment.
You will provide insightful and commercial legal advice across the the business with a focus on:
- New contractual arrangements, including negotiation, reviewing and drafting contracts;
- Existing contractual arrangements, including assisting the business to manage contractual relationships and disputes;
- Compliance, risk and new legal developments always accounting for what is right for customers;
- Advising on legal risks and mitigation strategies and supporting good governance;
- Provide relevant training;
- Overseeing and managing external legal resources and preferred legal suppliers;
- Providing legal advice to the business on s75 claims, customer complaints and FOS related matters.
- You will be a fully qualified lawyer (preferably in Scotland or England & Wales) and have a background in commercial law and/or commercial contracts.
- You will be able to demonstrate ability to deliver pragmatic risk and legal advice and be capable of working across a diverse business with multiple departments and office location.
- Commercial candidates working in-house or in private practice looking to make a move in-house are invited to apply.
On offer is a highly competitive salary and benefits package including: flexible benefits, pension and bonus.
To discuss this role in confidence or to apply, please contact David Thomson, Director at Thomson Legal by completing the Apply Now details in the box below. Alternatively, please click on the Thomson Legal logo to access our recruiter profile where you can contact us directly via telephone, email or social media.