In-House Data Protection Manager/ Lawyer- Edinburgh
Unique role for a Data Protection Manager/ Lawyer to join a UK Retail Bank based in their offices in Edinburgh. This is an initial 12 month fixed-term contract and the business are open to candidates seeking full or part-time/ flexible hours.
- Provide up-to-date, high-quality, commercially-focused advice on data privacy matters; to support colleagues with their day-to-day queries and activities.
- Act as a data privacy Subject Matter Expert (SME) for projects and programmes.
- Review, interpret and communicate upcoming developments within the field of data privacy to ensure the business can readily understand the implications for them and prepare accordingly.
- Help educate colleagues across the bank in data privacy matters through regular informal engagement and knowledge sharing sessions.
- Liaise with the Information Commissioner's Office on complaints and new guidance.
- Design, develop and maintain the data protection policy, guidance documents and training module.
- Liaise with the group customer data team on data usage requests and good policies.
- A good knowledge of data privacy legislation and guidance.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to tailor my approach to suit a variety of stakeholders.
- Legal and/or regulatory compliance experience.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills, with the ability to convey fact and opinion in a balanced but persuasive manner.
On offer is a highly competitive salary and benefits package and the chance to gain experience with one of the most prominent retail banks in the UK.
To discuss this role in confidence or to apply, please contact David Thomson, Director at Thomson Legal by completing the Apply Now details in the box below. Alternatively, please click on the Thomson Legal logo to access our recruiter profile where you can contact us directly via telephone, email or social media.