ITAR Compliance Manager - Saudi Arabia - Excellent Prospects
Our client is a major organisation with operations around the world. They handle high-worth contracts for numerous government and international defence / aerospace agencies.
A new role now exists for an experienced ITAR export control compliance professional. Based in KSA you will take responsibility for a wide and growing remit encompassing businesses activities in Saudi and the Middle East. Due to the nature of the programmes you will address and associated security clearances - a US citizen is required for this position.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Managing a small team of ITAR compliance officers
- Ensuring there is appropriate export authorisation in place in order to support the export of parts and technology
- Maintain detailed knowledge and understanding of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
- Manage the day to day exports activity ensuring exports are made under export authorisations and are done so compliantly.
- Conduct regular reviews of export authorisations to ensure the proper authorisations are in place and exports are compliant
- Provide training courses on export compliance to raise awareness and strengthen compliance throughout the business.
- Assist with the implementation of export control processes, work instructions and control plans
- Conduct investigations, draft disclosures and reporting and managing violations of the export regulations.
- Implement compliance control plans
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years Business experience
- 5 plus years of export controls and licensing, with an emphasis on ITAR and EAR.
- Previous experience of implementing compliance programs.
- Team management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and accomplish tasks of varying complexity through the application of technical, administrative and analytical skills. Strong organisational skills required.
- Ability to obtain government security clearance.
- Previous experience with drafting export authorisations, voluntary disclosures and other documents related to export controls.
In return a competitive package including recreation allowance and nearly 2 months leave is available.
If you have the requisite experience described above and are keen to progress your career with this international business, please forward your CV and contact details.
*Fford & Stone always review applications on merit and treats them in utmost confidence.
Due to high levels of interest it isn't always possible to respond to all applicants, however we appreciate your interest and will be in touch if we can assist you.