Company Secretary (FTSE 100)
- Providing company secretarial services to a range of Schroders investment trusts and management companies as agreed with the Head of Asset Management Secretariat.
- This includes organisation and support for at least four quarterly board meetings per entity and involves:
- agreeing agenda items;
- collating board packs;
- following up on action points and drafting accurate minutes;
- acting as point of contact for the board members and both internal and external advisers;
- providing advice and assistance to directors
- drafting and releasing RNS announcements;
- Advising the investment trust boards and Schroders management companies on governance matters to ensure that the corporate governance arrangements are appropriate and in line with Group practice;
- Co-ordinating and organising shareholder meetings for the investment trusts in conjunction with other internal departments, including monitoring proxy votes received;
- Arranging for the filing of documents with Companies House and other government bodies as necessary;
- Arranging for audit committee and board approval of annual and half year reports produced by the Schroders UK Fund Services team;
- Attending to requests for notarisation of documents, certified copies of registers and board resolutions;
- Ensuring compliance with relevant regulatory and statutory requirements;
- Arranging safekeeping of documents;
- Maintaining authorised signatories lists; and
- Providing support to other members of the Asset Management Secretariat team as required.
Education & Training/Qualifications:
- Chartered Company Secretary qualification;
- previous experience in a similar environment (funds industry); and
- experience of investment trusts would be a very strong advantage.
- Excellent communication skills;
- ability to hold the attention and respect of directors and senior management;
- highly organised, able to prioritise and to deliver within strict deadlines;
- ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure with minimum supervision;
- analytical and highly disciplined;
- proactive and self-motivated; and
- an effective team player.
- Competent computer skills, with a strong knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Outlook;
- experience of Blueprint (statutory register software) and Worksite an advantage; and
- a working knowledge of the Listing Rules applicable to investment trusts.