Legal Counsel - Corporate (Company Secretary)
City of London
£65,000 - £70,000 per annum
My client is a leading international manufacturing business who are looking to recruit a Legal Counsel - Corporate (Company Secretary) to join the organisation in a varied legal role. This is an excellent place to work and an exciting opportunity for the right individual.
- The Company Secretary provides legal advice in relation to mainly corporate legal aspects covering the activities within the Group
- This role will involve assisting the General Counsel with corporate compliance, corporate restructuring and preparations of board and shareholders meetings in various jurisdictions
- Approach the role in a flexible manner and be prepared to adapt to requirements outside of the immediate role that are essential to the organisation
- The Company Secretary will be part of an enthusiastic and energetic Legal Team and will report to the General Counsel
- Provide legal and pragmatic advice on a wide range of legal corporate matters including share and assets transactions, inter-company agreements and board documentation
- Supports internal governance policies and monitor relevant developments in company law and industry best practice.
- Maintains various statutory records for a portfolio of legal entities
- Provides regular reports on various matters to the General Counsel
- ICSA (qualified or part qualified) OR UK qualified Solicitor OR UK law degree with relevant experience
- Broad international knowledge of corporate governance and company law
- Relevant experience at international level
- Solid experience with a wide range of compliance matters
- An additional language would be desirable but not a requirements
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills
- Good organizational and communication skills with the ability to follow through on numerous projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Ability to quickly assess and resolve problems
- Ability to appreciate diverse cultures and systems and adopt accordingly
Reed Specialist Recruitment is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and temporary recruitment. In response to your application Reed will contact you by phone, email or SMS to discuss it and related opportunities. You can opt out at any time using the links provided.
Apply for Company Secretary
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly