We are delighted to be working in a partnership with a well-respected SME to help appoint a new Finance Director.
The successful candidate will be viewed as a long term appointment, with a real opportunity to make a difference and add significant value to the business. The FD will help drive improvements in processes and procedures whilst also making sure that high quality information is provided at all times and cash management is being expertly covered.
- Manage the financial objectives in line with the investment plan
- Take responsibility for all aspects of the financial performance of the business including review of monthly management accounts to include P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statements and KPI's
- Work closely with the CEO to review/adapt the business plan to achieve long term investor expectations
- Responsibility for the budget and forecasting process including review with Management for presentation to the board
- Treasury management including FX requirements, hedging strategies, short and long term cash flow forecast review.
- Management of the year end audit process including production/review of annual statutory accounts of the group
- Tax strategy - liaising with tax advisors regarding tax short and long term planning, review of annual tax computations and tax returns.
- Playing a key role in commercial aspects of the business, including long term supply contracts
- Review of business development opportunities including financial modelling, sensitivity analysis for presentation to the board
- Appraisal of capital expenditure proposals and preparation of financial case to the board
- Full OFGEM reporting responsibility and claims under the RO scheme, audit of processes, annual audit arrangement, FMS and issuing of ROCs to SSE.
- Main contact for the company's bank accounts, bank account payment authoriser.
- Review of annual insurance requirements with CEO, negotiate premiums and payment terms
- IT systems - responsible for ensuring adequate controls are in place and data is stored securely.
- Implement and manage internal financial controls and processes to oversee accurate and timely reporting of results, control of capital expenditure, invoicing of customers, payments to suppliers and to prevent fraud.
- Manage and liaise with key advisors including shareholders, banks, FX provider, lawyers, insurance broker and auditors and tax advisors
- Produce ad hoc reports for the shareholders / Board as required
- Company secretarial responsibility for the group
The ideal candidate:-
- ACA/CIMA/ACCA Qualified with experience at Finance Director level
- Board level experience
- Analytical skills and ability to interpret data
- Strong Cash Management Experience
- Ability to form effective working relationships with internal and external customers and stakeholders
- Motivational leadership and management style