- Finance Director to lead the Finance function of the Falkland Islands Company
- Excellent on-island position for an experienced Finance Director
Details about the Client
Key operating subsidiary of FIH group plc. Operating since 1852 FIC has revenues of £18 million and with 150 employees and is the largest private company in the Falkland Islands. The company's main areas of activity embrace retailing (including food, clothing, electrical goods, home furnishings, gifts and DIY), residential and commercial property, the sale and hire of 4×4 vehicles, travel services, including flight bookings, airport transfers and luxury coach and walking tours for tourists, insurance, agency services for cruise ships and fishing vessels, and the provision of freight and shipping services to and from the islands.
Detailed Job Description
The Ideal candidate will have had exposure of leading a hands-on finance team with the ability to lead the department and motivate the accounts function.
You will be tasked with:
- Reporting to the Managing Director and local board based in Stanley, dotted line to the UK Group Chief Executive
- Overall responsibility for the Finance function which includes the Financial Controller and a wider team of 7.
- Taking ownership and completion of the monthly management accounts pack to include Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet analysis with full reconciliations and production of Board packs;
- Providing Divisional Sales and Margin analysis, dashboard reporting and KPI reporting;
- Develop and maintain the Fixed Asset register;
- Provide analysis for the construction department monitoring sales, profitability and maintenance and overheads cost. Develop systems to record variance analysis and review of job profitability and overheads;
- Ensure effective management of WIP and stock;
- Working in the heart of the business you will be working in an operational environment with stakeholders from non-finance personnel to directors;
- To produce annual information for auditors;
- Managing Company Secretarial matters;
- Challenging the norm and to ensure high quality financial controls are in place and to standardise the procedures across the business;
- Taking ownership of the SAGE Accounting System currently in place, understanding how the various departments use the system and becoming the business 'Super-User'.
The Ideal candidate will have worked in a SME environment in a hands-on finance role.
- A qualified accountant ACMA, ACA, ACCA;
- Worked as a number one in a business and understands the disciplines of departmental accounting;
- Strong operational exposure in working within commercial organisations;
- Good financial and analytical skills and a solid understanding of accounting software preferably SAGE Line 1000 and especially in Microsoft Excel;
- Strong drive to ensure there is continuous improvement and getting things done
- A demonstrable record of achievement in the implementation and maintenance of finance controls;
- Able to communicate with all levels of the business, and
- A team member, with leadership qualities with the capable of taking ownership of undertaking new projects.
What's on offer
Excellent package and autonomous environment
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPGW13832219Z