Senior Technical IFRS Accountant
Interim Senior Technical IFRS Accountant
Your new company
Our client who we are working with on an exclusive basis are based in the city centre of Glasgow. They are a global business and require a Senior Technical Accountant for a period of 10 - 12 months. This role will preferably start the last week in June or the 2nd week in July.
Your new role
As Senior Technical Accountant, you will be part of the group External Reporting and Consolidation Team and will report to the Group Technical Accounting Manager. The team operates in an IFRS environment preparing quality financial information for both businesses in line with IFRS, Companies Act and London Stock Exchange Requirements.
The main purpose of this role is to assist in providing the technical advisory/IFRS support the business requires on a day to day basis, supporting all business units where you will be viewed as an expert in your field. You will also ensure appropriate application of IFRS across the group in line with the company's accounting policies.
This will result in high quality financial reporting and assist in the clear communication of any significant impacts arising from new accounting standards or complex transactions to senior management within the group.
What you'll need to succeed
- A fully qualified accountant (ICAS, ACA, ICAEW or ACCA)
- You MUST have current technical knowledge of IFRS in industry and experience within the transition to the new UK GAAP
- Emphasis is on strong/broad technical knowledge of working on Projects and keeping up to date with standards
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to build a wide networks and present to various levels
- Ability to work on a number of projects at one time- some are larger/longer than other but reconsidering priorities is quite frequent
- Having a strong personality so you can be heard in the wider team
- Ability to communicate effectively at all organisational levels (Director/Audit partner)
- Being willing to challenge/debate technical points and come up with potential solutions
- Being a team player is key in this role.
What you'll get in return
You will be working for a dynamic and blue chip firm based in the city centre of Glasgow, you will also receive a competitive daily rate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.