Great opportunity to work for a market leading multi-site business which is continuing to invest heavily in it's estate, and brings a great reputation for people development and succession planning.
This is a true business partnering role, provides a great mix between FP&A and commercial analysis. Working in partnership with the Business and Finance colleagues to provide financial planning, analysis, and challenge / support to a wide range of operational and commercial issues / decisions in order to maximise financial return.
We are looking for a Degree Educated (2:1 min) Qualified Accountant (CIMA / ACA / ACCA) with approximately 2 - 4 years PQE.
Ideally you will bring a rounded skill set across a range of finance areas. Able to demonstrate analytical rigour with a clear track record of proactively adding value to the business, by providing an excellent insight into the drivers of profit and returns. Spotting Opportunities by having the commercial intuition / experience to make incisive judgements on uncertain data.
Genuine gravitas and strong stakeholder engagements skills are paramount in this role. Able to influence, challenge, educate and shape operational decision making up to Exec level, whilst maintaining and building strong professional relationships.
Key Responsibilities Include:
* Budgeting and forecasting
* Reporting and control - Manage all period, weekly and ad hoc (including key events) P&L and drive improvements in overall reporting capability.
* Business Analysis & Insight - identify key issues and communicate with a view to influencing improvement and recognising success.
* Investment Appraisal - investment appraisal and modelling of Brand proposition rollout programme, IS transformation investment and other CAPEX investment.
* Operational Cost Control - Ensure effective control of all operational costs embedded in the bottom up Budget and hold operators to account.
* Lead, motivate and inspire the team - with due emphasis on coaching and development, ensuring that they are well equipped with all the necessary commercial and technical skills