- Full Time
Based in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, our client is a subsidiary of a world renowned corporate business looking for a Project Accountant to join their team on a 3-6 month temporary basis.
This job would suit an ACCA, ACA or CIMA part qualified or qualified accountant who will be responsible for preparing, developing and analysing financial information so that the organisation's management can make well-informed decision that will lead to future growth and stability.
This company is a project driven business with the full backing of its parent company and a business plan to deliver key services to an ever growing sector. The fast growth of this business and the number of projects has resulted in the need for this person to help keep up with demand.
The successful individual will be immediately available will good all round accounting skills - knowledge of statutory accounting principles as well as strong analytical skills. It would be advantageous if previous project accounting experience could be illustrated to understand the budgets, variance and overall cost allocation to the various projects being undertaken. Great communication and interpersonal skills are vital as is strong Microsoft Office knowledge. Intermediate to advanced knowledge of major accounting software packages (ideally SAP) for both general ledger and statutory accounting is essential.
Duties will include:
- Lead the forecasting schedule. Regularly collect status and update the schedule, analyse any variation or forecasted variation to plan
- Maintain a project baseline schedule and track changes to the baseline as the projects progress
- Regular reviews of Headcount deployment, resource utilization, and related financial impact
- Effectively manage and report progress on Company and Project level supporting CFO and CEO.
- Assist with the delivery of statutory accounting, external reporting and compliance with financial policies, instructions, guidance, processes, tools, such as SAP BYD. Ensure completion of internal controls (SOX) and timely closure of external audit
- Assist in delivering accurate, timely and quality of periodic closing, financial forecasting, reporting and analysis of all related financials P&L Cash Flow, Balance Sheet items, Headcount and relevant KPIs with the use of SAP BYD and Excel
- Assist with completion of the quarterly and annual regulatory filings; preparation of assigned Quarterly and Annual Statutory Statement pages/schedules
- Conform with and abide by all regulatory guidance and internal policies & procedures