Locum Childcare Solicitor-
Venn Group's specialist legal team are now recruiting for a full time Locum Childcare Lawyer to join a large local authority based in Cambridgeshire.
Our client provides an innovative legal service. They are seeking to add an experienced Solicitor who can provide a pro-active and comprehensive service to clients on their duties towards children and young people. The role offers a wide variety of work, ranging from supporting child care lawyers in conducting care proceedings, adoption and pre-proceedings PLO cases to judicial review applications and human rights law. Applicants need to be confident liaising with a range of professionals, including expert witnesses, social workers, schools, court staff and other lawyers. Child Social Care is going through a period of considerable change and becoming increasingly intensive, therefore candidates need to be resilient and ambitious.
Duties will include:
- Managing a caseload of care proceedings and PLO cases, including complex cases, non-accidental injury cases and cases with an international dimension
- Providing client care and undertaking case management of the issued proceedings and PLO matters
- Providing legal advice to the client department at all levels
- Preparing s. 31 cases ready for issuing with the Court
- Liaising with other parties including solicitors and experts to progress cases
- Undertaking advocacy in the Magistrates and County Court
- Carrying out advocacy at CMC, directions, interim hearings and at advocates meetings
- Conducting hearings to include Contested and Final Contested
- Attending Legal Planning Meeting Panels and PLO meetings to provide advice on specific matters
- Drafting applications, orders, threshold documents, position statements, case summaries, statements of facts and instructions to counsel meetings
- Advising client social workers in safeguarding children matters including in private law and s37 matters
In return our client is able to offer a stable, long term assignment in a progressive and modern council. A competitive rate of £37 per hour is offered for this position.
Venn Group aim to deliver the highest standards, so you can be assured your application will be handled with professionalism and care.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to all applications individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Venn Group acts as an employment agency and an employment business.