Financial Controller, VP
Do you enjoy a challenging work environment where you have a chance to make an impact on the lives of others? Do you take pride in your ability to develop and coach others to success? If you are a strong leader with a passion for motivating and developing your team and have a history of success in leadership in accounting and banking/financial services, we'd like to talk to you! Marine Credit Union is a full service financial institution focused on our members and our growth. We are currently seeking an experienced, energetic professional for our Controller position located in La Crosse, Wisconsin.
As the Controller, you will oversee the Accounting Department and all Accounting Department staff. You will manage the accurate and timely accounting and financial reporting process for internal and external users, using generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) compliant with appropriate NCUA regulations. In the role, it will be important to maintain an effective and robust financial internal control system and support organizational and strategic goals. You will lead the day to day operations and oversee the Accounting Department ensuring efficient, accurate, and compliant financial accounting and reporting.
- Oversee the hiring, direction, mentoring, motivation, and evaluation of all Accounting Department staff.
- Accurately measure, record, and report the financial performance of the credit union. Ensure the Credit Union's financial activities follow sound financial principles in accordance with GAAP and comply with all appropriate credit union and government body regulations. Provide organizational guidance on developing and evolving changes to GAAP.
- Measure and report, by use of cost accounting, the financial performance of branches and departments within the organization.
- Ensure ongoing A/P, A/R, G/L, Reporting and Reconciliation activity is efficiently and effectively carried out by the department.
- Complete call report and other regulatory reporting on a timely and accurate basis.
- Provide appropriate accounting for merger and acquisition activity.
- Help implement and manage regular audit processes to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Oversee and support annual external financial statement audit.
- Assist with preparation of regulatory exams.
Previous Accounting or Auditing management experience with 8+ years of leadership experience managing the work of an Accounting Department required. Previous management experience in a Credit Union/Community Banking or Financial Services environment required.
- Strong understanding of corporate accounting issues within the Banking/Financial Services industry
- C.P.A. - Certified Public Accountant
- Analytical, detail oriented, organized
- Ability to lead others, including staff motivation and team building
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to delegate, focus, and direct individual work activity as needed
- Knowledge of Prologue, Jack Henry/Symitar, Windows Office including Word and Excel, and computer applications desired
Marine Credit Union offers an exceptional benefits program, which includes: health, dental, PTO, paid holidays and 401K in addition to multiple opportunities for growth and advancement.
Marine Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.