Head of Finance
Our Client is an established global development and asset management company, with a focus on prime residential properties in cities around the world. In the past few years the company has significantly grown their presence in London and are looking to continue this growth for the foreseeable future. As a result of this, they are recruiting for a Head of Finance to manage a finance team, including staff appraisals and development. The organisation has an excellent reputation for employee satisfaction and offer continued career development opportunities.
The Role will involve the following:
- Holding overall responsibility for delivering quarterly management reporting to Head Office in Europe.
- Managing annual UK statutory reporting process, including consolidation of all UK companies and management of external audit process.
- Reporting and analysing financial performance of all UK operations.
- Managing accounts receivable, accounts payable and all other financial processes.
- Identifying control weaknesses and designing appropriate systems and processes.
- Liaising with internal audit team.
- Reviewing and approving monthly payroll.
- Reviewing and processing supplier payments (approximately 200 per week) and tenant refunds.
- Reviewing regular tasks conducted by finance team, such as bank reconciliations and general ledger journals.
- Preparing cost analysis for major construction projects.
- Budgeting and measuring performance against business plan.
- Preparing regular detailed analysis of costs and identification of key areas for improvement.
- Company secretarial compliance, including share issues.
- Assisting on transactions, including review of completion statements, accounting for purchases and sales, reviewing relevant tax issues and offering input on appropriate structuring.
- Reviewing regular VAT and corporation tax returns.
- Responsible for tax compliance through management of external consultants, such as tax advisers and solicitors.
- Acting as a super-user of IT system, including system administration and managing authorisation and approval processes.
- Participating in management meetings, including input on strategy and key decisions affecting the direction of UK operations.
- Managing intra-group recharging, including cross-border issues and regular reconciliations with finance teams in other countries.
- Providing financial and taxation support to all departments in the UK office.
The Person: MUST be ACA/ACCA qualified with 2 years' experience, the successful candidate must also be a professional with a number of years of experience in management and statutory reporting, tax and finance. You will oversee a team to deliver timely and accurate reporting to both internal and external stakeholders, as well as financial support to the entire organisation. The right candidate will be professionally qualified and have demonstrated consistent top level results in their previous roles and current position. They should be personable, a good communicator and they should lead their team by example and be a willing team player.
Please note that due to volume we cannot get back to everyone, however every application is looked at and considered and will be held on Trident International's database for review. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days you should assume your initial application has been unsuccessful, however if suitable roles arise in the future we will make every effort to contact you.