- Full Time
Our client is a pre-revenue bio-tech business who have a mission to become the leader in their scientific field. Their therapy has already transformed a number of patient's lives and is set to provide a platform that will ensure further research and development, resulting in additional therapies being available in the future.
In order to compliment the strategic objectives, they are now looking to recruit a hand's on Financial Controller to manage the day to day finance function. This is a business critical role reporting into the Finance Director, requiring the successful individual to deliver operational excellence across finance. The environment compliments a driven individual who is ambitious, innovative and able to deliver.
- Leading all aspects of the finance function, including budgeting & forecasting, management reporting and all transactional duties;
- Presenting to the Board;
- Managing all statutory reporting and tax compliance including VAT and R&D credits;
- Owning the month-end close, ensuring timely and accurate reporting;
- Preparing weekly and monthly reporting of performance metrics;
- Developing and implementing financial controls;
- Support with future re-financing;
- Ensuring the integrity of the accounts system, efficiency of financial processes, and accuracy of finance department outputs;
- Overseeing the outsourced finance function for an international subsidiary;
- Acting as primary contact for external auditors;
- Build the finance function from a systems, processes and team perspective to ensure the infrastructure is in place to support future growth.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a qualified Accountant with experience managing a small finance function;
- Be driven to join an entrepreneurial business who are currently pre-revenue;
- Have strong technical skills, with a commercial mind-set;
- Demonstrate excellent stakeholder engagement skills, with the ability to present to the Executive Team;
- Be enthusiastic and self-motivated, works smart and delivers fast.
Interested candidates should send their CV to Lisa Bird. I will be contacting candidates with the closest match to the client's selection criteria within ten days of application to arrange an initial meeting. If you have not heard from me within these timescales, thank you for your interest but please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.