1 day left
- Full Time
Our client is a fast paced, entrepreneurial digitally led business with exciting growth plans for the future. They are now looking to recruit a Finance Director who will have full responsibility for finance and will also be a member of the executive and main Board. Helping to develop strategy and drive growth the FD will assume day to day leadership of all financial functions, including management of the outsourced finance operation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain the company's financial and operation integrity, and ensuring that an appropriate control environment is in place.
- Work closely with the Management Team, CEO and Board to develop and execute company strategies and plans - from both a short & long term perspective
- To play a key strategic role in developing and executing the business's growth plans including ROI modelling, resource allocation and pricing and investment decisions.
- Lead any corporate transactional activity as & when required.
- Manage the annual budget process, development of the longer-term plan, and production of the quarterly forecast process.
- Oversee the company's cash & treasury position, including analysis of working capital requirements, and management of all loan & financing arrangements.
- Manage and provide leadership to financial team; which consists of an in-house business analyst with all other finance functions handled through an outsourcing finance operation.
- Work closely with senior leaders in the business and support planning and analysis around key revenues, including subscriptions.
- Continuously monitor, develop and interpret appropriate and timely KPIs for the business.
- Oversee and manage:
- The preparation of fit-for-purpose and accurate consolidated monthly management accounts, including P&L, balance sheet, cash flow and detailed commentary
- Efficient and accurate processing & approval of all key financial data [including sales invoices, supplier payments and expenses]
- Accurate & timely completion of all key B/S reconciliations, and the review of these outputs
- The monthly payroll, including liaison with the Payroll Bureau.
- Work with the company's auditors & advisors to manage the preparation of accurate annual statutory accounts and tax returns in all applicable territories.
- Maintain professional relations with the company's bankers, and ensure that the company is in full compliance with all covenants and obligations.
- Review & sign-off where appropriate pricing levels, T&Cs and customer legal documents.
- To support directors and stakeholders on forecasting and analysis of commercial and market data including cash flow and forecast information.
- All matters regarding Company Secretarial & compliance.
- Ownership of all insurance matters.
- Extensive experience of strategic, business and financial management planning processes.
- Experience of subscription based businesses is preferred but not essential.
- Strong excel skills, and experience of creating and operating financial models.
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial and commercial data, draw conclusions and confidently make recommendations to the business.
- Extensive experience of business partnering, and a proactive approach to support & influence budget holders and the business to achieve goals.
- Ability & willingness to get ‘stuck into the detail' one moment, and to take a strategic helicopter view the next.
- Knowledge of commercial contracts, T&Cs and the legal environment.
- Previous experience of operating in media, publishing and/or subscription based business would be ideal, as would operating in a SME.
Apply for Finance Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly