Manager - Financial Control - European Property Funds - OUR CLIENT are a global, internationally-renowned property investment company with £multi-billion worth of assets under management. The company are looking to add a qualified accounting 'Manager' of Financial Control to their Property Fund Accounting team. The role centres around providing financial control and oversight to one European-domiciled real estate fund and assisting with additional funds supported by the team, as required.
THE ROLE - The incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Performing pricing and NAV reviews.
Performing second review of monthly SPV reporting packs, Fund NAV's, prices, distribution calculations and other financial information prepared by outsourced service providers to the Fund.
- Reviewing performance files prepared by the Associate.
Reviewing additional supporting documentation and information prepared by the Associate and provided to the administrator to prepare additional reporting including: AIFMD reporting, INREV SDDS reporting, and INREV fee metrics.
- Overseeing budgets & cash management.
Performing the second review of annual subsidiary budgets.
Reviewing consolidated Fund budgets, and presenting to the board.
Monitoring Fund cash requirements and reviewing the weekly cashflow forecast prepared by the Associate. Providing updates on Fund liquidity at weekly operations meetings.
- Arranging internal financing to include: preparation of funding diagrams, management of PPL funding lines (including review of internal loan schedules) and movement of cash through the Fund structures.
Liaising with tax advisors to maximise cash repatriation to the Fund whilst minimising tax leakage.
- Providing transaction support & technical accounting.
Supporting complex asset acquisitions and disposals by the Fund.
- For corporate acquisitions, managing financial due diligence, SPA review and closing accounts review carried out by advisors.
.Preparing / reviewing funding diagrams based on tax advice.
On-boarding of new acquisitions, including agreement of service provider scope, ensuring service providers are adequately informed and instructed.
Preparing accounting memos for complex transactions and working to get these signed off with the auditors in advance of inclusion in the first NAV.
- Reviewing the Fund annual financial statements prepared under IFRS and management of production of annual report.
Reviewing the subsidiary financial statements prepared under local GAAPs.
Managing the annual audit process.
- Ensuring service providers are adequately instructed, responding to accounting queries, monitoring and reviewing outputs.
- Taking responsibility for the compliance monitoring reporting, covering statutory and fiscal compliance obligations of the Fund and its subsidiaries.
Reviewing quarterly investor report and inputs prepared by the Associate.
Responding to queries from investors and prospective investors relating to performance, NAV and other financial matters pertaining to the Fund.
- Line managing one direct report, including setting objectives and carrying out annual appraisal.
THE PERSON must be a QUALIFIED ACCOUNTANT (ACA/ACCA), ideally ACA with extensive property financial accounting / fund accounting experience. STRONG candidates from practice with real estate focus will be considered. Additionally, the successful Manager will be confident with excellent communication skills to a range of internal and external parties and will be self-motivated, diligent and forensic with a detailed approach to completing tasks. This is a highly visible role so a candidate with an approachable personality, strong focus and first class communication skills will be highly successful. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a global, market-leading real estate investment company and develop a future career.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook
Please note that due to volume we cannot get back to everyone, however every application is looked at and considered and will be held on Trident International's database for review. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days you should assume your initial application has been unsuccessful, however if suitable roles arise in the future we will make every effort to contact you.