Group Financial Accountant
Gleeson Recruitment Group are looking to recruit a Group Financial Accountant for a highly profitable business based close to Wolverhampton who continue to experience significant growth. This role will be to improve the quality of the financial reporting process and will report to the Group Financial Controller. This is a newly created role and will take on a senior position within the finance team and will directly manage 3 qualified Accountants.
The role of Group Financial Accountant is seen as a key development position within the finance department for the successful candidate and opportunities will arise to work alongside the Finance Director and Managing Director to lead ad hoc projects to improve business efficiency.
The successful Group Financial Accountant will be working for a highly profitable business who operate across the UK and Europe with a T/O of approx. £200 million. They have a stable finance team and offer a very good working environment that has a supportive culture. This role will also allow you access to the Board and Senior Management team and therefore the ability to engage at this level is critical.
As the Group Financial Accountant you will undertake the following:
- Responsible for Group internal and external reporting processes and providing technical support to the business.
- Responsible for leading a small team of Financial Accountants to ensure accurate and timely reporting whilst ensuring adherence to appropriate and consistent procedures and controls and identify areas for improvement.
- Document Group accounting policies and assess the impact on reporting to maintain appropriate policies.
- Daily cash management - reporting and arranging timely payments for interest and contractors and ensuring adequate cash resources across all companies.
- Review of monthly cash forecast and reporting changes in the forecast to management.
- Production of monthly management accounts at Group level to include executive summary and commentary of variances to budget / forecast.
- Undertake ad hoc analysis as required by Finance and Business Managers.
- Review of monthly VAT return and submission of Group return to HMRC.
- Manage the process of producing quarterly bank reporting including financial accounts, covenant reporting and commentary as well as assist to maintain strong relationships with existing lenders.
- Assist with the engagement of new lenders and opportunities to strengthen the financing of the business and provide suitable management information and commentary to support proposals.
- Assist in the production of strategic forecasts and medium term projections for distribution to the Board and lenders.
- Production of annual consolidated financial statements in accordance with required deadlines including drafting the directors' report for review by the Group Finance Director.
- Assisting the Financial Accountants to produce compliant, consistent subsidiary statutory accounts.
As the successful Group Financial Accountant you will be:
- A fully qualified accountant who has ideally been trained in Practice.
- Have strong leadership skills with the ability to keep the team on track to meet deadlines.
- Strong excel skills and ERP systems exposure
- Ability to engage with both finance and operations
The Benefits Package:
The following benefits package is available to the successful Group Financial Accountant:
- Base salary of £50k / £60k