Commercial Solicitor - We are currently seeking a temporary resource 10+ PQE to undertake a 1-3 month contract in our Legal Department. Please note this is an international company operating in Asia and Africa.
JOB TITLE: Commercial Solicitor
PQE REQUIRED: 10+ years
SALARY: £30-£45 per hour (depending upon experience)
Contract Management & Review
- Review and maintain standard contract templates appropriate for all commercial relationships.
- Draft and negotiate commercial partnership, customer and supplier contracts as required; liaise with internal and external stakeholders as necessary to engage and maintain agreements and alliances.
Compliance Management & Review
- Ensure that all entities comply with local regulations and oversee business license renewals etc as required.
- Build on existing procedures for entity setup to and advise on all aspects to ensure optimum decision making and compliance in relation to establishment of new entities. Work with local legal advisors as necessary in relevant jurisdictions as necessary.
- Advise on any legislation and laws that may impact on and/or represent opportunities for the business.
- Provide advice and guidance to the management of the business with respect to obligations under GDPR and other relevant law and regulations within all jurisdictions in which the business operates liaising with local advisers were necessary.
- Ensure that all legal advice and opinions are appropriately documented and stored.
- Conduct and commission research and analysis of specific legal questions and prepare memoranda, opinions and position papers upon request.
Qualifications, Experience, and Attributes:
- Solicitor or barrister qualified in a relevant jurisdiction, with a current practising certificate and a minimum of 10 years post qualification experience
- Demonstrable experience of reporting to senior stakeholder as Senior Executive team level and below
- Proven experience of insurance regulation and commercial/IT law, ideally in an international business context
- Excellent communications skills and awareness of cultural diversity
- The ability to work autonomously, take the initiative and work independently; demonstrate self-motivation and energy, working well under pressure and able to meet tight deadlines. Able to complete tasks to agreed standards of delivery, reporting on progress as agreed; ability to multi-task and resolve problems efficiently
- Experience in interpreting legislation into practical application and identifying pragmatic business focused solutions
- Ability to understand the regulatory and commercial context of contracts and legal decisions and to be able to provide appropriately tailored advice based on a deep understanding of the business
- Experience in training and communicating legal requirements and procedures
- Proven team management skills
- Excellent drafting skills
- Strong communication skills and stakeholder management abilities, , including Influencing and negotiating skills
- Written and spoken proficiency in English required.
This is an opportunity for an international company in their IN HOUSE department.
If you would like further information or would be interested to apply for this vacancy please contact Saf Zayed at eNL
eNL is handling a number of Residential Conveyancer vacancies throughout the South West. If you are a Residential Conveyancer looking for a move, call now for a confidential discussion. As part of our candidate care process we aim to respond to all applications within 7 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide.
In addition, if you know any Residential Conveyancer who may be interested, remember we do offer up to £500 referral fee bonus (Terms and Conditions apply).
Apply for Commercial Solicitor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly