In House Counsel
Our client, a reputable global investment bank is seeking a 2-6 PQE Derivatives Lawyer to join their team.
This In House Counsel / Lawyer role sits in the structured products team and you will be reporting directly to the Head of Legal, Derivatives. As a Lawyer, you will get the opportunity to assist the front office groups with transactions from conception to execution. This role will be dynamic and challenging and include a variety of work.
The Lawyer / Legal Counsel will be involved with:
- Transaction Management and advisory on all phases of funded credit linked derivatives (in particular credit linked notes) and repackaging transactions.
- Drafting, review and negotiating legal documents for standard and bespoke credit linked structures and repackaging transactions using SPVs in different jurisdictions.
- Supporting EMC and prior separation of the trading floors Credit Trading
- Drafting and review Secondary loan transfer documentation for credit trading teams.
- Advising on current and upcoming regulations (e.g. MiFID II, EMIR etc.) to ensure the transactions are fully compliant
CANDIDATE Lawyer / Legal Counsel
- The ideal candidate will have 2 -6+* PQE Derivatives Lawyer within a Financial Services organisation or private practice firm
- Experience working on credit linked derivatives and repackaging transactions and the legal documentation for those transactions
- Good working knowledge of regulations governing derivatives transactions e.g.MiFID II and EMIR
*Candidates outside of this bracket will be considered if they are able to demonstrate the prerequisite experience required.