Senior Asset/Structured Finance Counsel - Manufacturing PLC
You will ideally have trained in a top London firm, with stellar academics and a strong background in asset and structure finance law and have a minimum of 5 years PQE.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the products offered and business undertaken in UK leasing markets and the key drivers for all stakeholders in financing transactions enabling to provide a "house view" on key issues
- Draft, review and comment on standard and non-standard leasing and asset finance documentation, standard terms and conditions, framework agreements, master receivables purchase agreements and other relevant documents
- Provide a commercial view on legal topics present in business transactions ensuring that the risk position is maintained
- Facilitate and enable non-legal colleagues to structure transactions by providing appropriate options with risks and mitigants
- Actively engage with the business to further develop standard templates and electronic contractual documents
- Drive agreed changes to realign the role and responsibilities of the legal team and actively contribute to the mapping out of such changes yet to be determined, most notably through structural and standard operating procedure evolution
- Work alongside the Head of Operations and Head of Litigation to support the business in dispute cases (this will involve preparing bundles, advising on leasing specific topics and attending court hearings)
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- A UK qualified lawyer with extensive experience in English law gained in either private practice with a well respected law firm or in-house
- Leadership skills and ability to manage change
- Have particular experience of asset financing, ideally with specific leasing experience having worked in a similar business before
- A working knowledge of leasing transactions, including contract hire, hire purchase residual value and portfolio acquisitions
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.