Commercial Lawyer IT/DP/IP
Our client is a publicly listed organisation that is looking to continue their recent impressive international expansion over the coming years. They are offering an exciting opportunity for a Legal Counsel to join their highly regarded legal team based in in London. The client are looking for candidates with a proven track record, most likely who have trained and qualified at a Top 20 law firm.
You will be required to provide timely and commercial legal advice, to assist in the negotiation and drafting of a wide range of interesting, complex and high value commercial contracts. In addition you will provide legal advice on a wide range of issues relating to IT outsourcing, data protection (DP) and some intellectual property (IP) to name a few. This is an interesting, broad in-house legal role that will offer progression and development.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong drafting and negotiating skills.
- Good knowledge of other relevant areas of law including outsourcing, contract, commercial, intellectual property, data protection and bribery and corruption.
- Ability to deal with risk management, governance and compliance.
- Previous in-house experience
- Some experience of a working within the financial services industry
- Team-spirited but also able to work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Commercially astute and keen to be involved in the business.
- Resilient, self-starter, flexible and with positive attitude.
- Able to think on their feet to assess risk and exercise sound judgement.
- Enthusiastic about negotiation of and advising on large scale contracts.
Our client envisages that candidates with between 2 and 6 years PQE plus will have the relevant skills / knowledge for this position, however this has been given as an approximate guide for applicants and our client is happy to consider the applications of candidates who fall outside of this PQE range but who have the relevant experience.
For more information on this great in-house opportunity please contact Simon Campbell at Newton Shaw. If this position isn't for you but you know someone who could be suitable then please let us know. We offer a reward fee of £250 for any successful referrals. For full details please see our website.