Commercial Legal Project Manager
A Tier One Banking Group based in London is currently undergoing significant change within its Group wide Legal function and is now seeking a dynamic Commercial Legal Project Manager to support a wide array of deliveries.
The Commercial Legal Project Manager role sits within the Commercial Management team and will be responsible for providing commercially-focussed legal project management and operational support to the Legal function. The remit of the team is to introduce greater control and transparency of projected costs and elicit more meaningful MI on a select group of major matters with a significant combined budget. The Commercial Project Manager will work with lawyers, business managers and 3rd party vendors to ensure that the following best practices are implemented on all major matters, including:
- Commercial optimisations are established (and regularly reviewed and renegotiated as required) to provide cost saving and visibility of the value being delivered to Barclays.
- Internal lead lawyers, external law firms and other vendors are constructively challenged regularly to establish competitive and efficient commercial arrangements.
- A consolidated plan of all legal project deliverables and timelines is actively maintained so it is always current and available to inform law firm selection decisions and enable ongoing matter reviews and planning.
- A complete and accurate financial plan containing actual and forecast data for both the current financial period and also the lifetime of each matter and is actively maintained and can be relied upon by Management for budgeting purposes.
To be successful in your application for the Commercial Legal Project Manager role, you will need to display the below skills and experiences:
- Experienced Legal Project Manager with strong understanding of multiple formal project delivery methodologies including Lean/Agile/Waterfall knowledge along with the ability to deliver continuous improvement aligned to a central strategy.
- Experienced commercial negotiator / financial manager with robust history of challenging, setting and controlling significant budgets across multiple complex projects
- Experience of working in a major law firm or in the legal function of a financial services organisation (MUST HAVE)
- Gravitas to push back against commercial strategy from both internal colleagues and external legal counsel
This is an ideal role for someone with legal practice experience who has since moved into a more project delivery type role, and as it is at Vice President level, offers an excellent platform for career development. Please do get in touch to discuss further.